The Curtin Library Makerspace is an exciting space that brings together innovation, design and fabrication for all members of the Curtin community and beyond.
New to Semester 1, 2017, we are trialing opening up the Library Makerspace from 10am – 2pm, Monday to Friday.
We hope to increase awareness of, and use of this space by encouraging the Curtin community to ‘drop-in’, no appointment necessary! Some of the things we aim to promote and inspire are:
- Evoke a sense of community among the makers within, or connected to Curtin;
- Make our specialised materials & equipment obtainable to users;
- Foster creative thought, skill building & sharing;
- Encourage cross-disciplinary interaction, inquiry, learning, and collaboration;
- Facilitate project work and research between students and staff; and
- Have the makerspace available for academics to be able to incorporate ‘making’ and/or use of our equipment into their curriculum.
To find out more, drop in and say HI or contact us at: